Full course description
This hands-on and self-paced course is designed for educational purposes and does not fulfill Farm Service Agency (FSA) borrower’s requirements. There are six lessons: Recordkeeping, Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow, Goal Setting and Managing Family Living Expenses. The course includes 3.5 hours of material across 21 different videos and 2 hours of bonus content.
• Understand the structure of a balance sheet, income statement and cash flow
• Choose either Cattle/Crops or CSA/Farmers Market case farm to complete hands-on financial activities
• Be prepared to use financial management techniques for your own operation
• Set goals for your operation
• Learn how to make changes to avoid financial difficulties
The course also provides you access to bonus content which includes:
• Cost of Production
• Grain Marketing
• Family Communication
If you need FSA borrower's training financial credit, click this link to go to the course approved for borrower's training.
Course taught by Robin Reid, K-State Extension Farm Economist, and LaVell Winsor, K-State Farm Analyst.